Environmentally sensitive sites
Hall Contracting makes every effort to carry out development projects in a responsible manner, marking environmental considerations as a top priority.
We are proud to operate an Environmental Management System that is accredited to ISO 14001.
In recent years, we have taken on a number of ecologically sensitive projects involving vegetation translocation, acid sulfate soils management,
mine tailings removal and flood mitigation dredging.
Our ability to successfully manage environmentally sensitive projects has resulted in the receipt of the following accolades:
- 2014 Queensland State Finalist — CCF Earth Award for Pierce Avenue leachate cut-off wall;
- 2013 Finalist — Healthy Waterways Award for Brightwater Lake;
- 2013 International Erosion Control Association (IECA) – Environmental Excellence Merit Award for Queens Road Nudgee Stages 5-7;
- 2012 Queensland State Finalist — CCF Earth Award for Brightwater Estate;
- 2010 Queensland Winner — CCF Earth Award for Port Douglas boat harbour maintenance dredging;
- 2009 Queensland State Finalist — CCF Earth Award for Brightwater Estate rare species translocation; and
- 2005 National Winner — Civil Contractors Federation (CCF) Earth Award for acid sulfate soils management at Pelican Waters.
View urban development portfolio of projects here.