At Hall Contracting, a commitment to environmentally responsible contracting is at the forefront of everything we do. For many decades the majority of the dredging, civil and marine works that we have undertaken have been in sensitive environments. This combined experience and knowledge separates us from other contractors, as we respect and understand environmental management as being more than just compliance.
We make every effort to maintain the delicate balance between responsible development and preserving the environment. We operate an Environmental Management System which is third party accredited to ISO 14001.
Our ability to successfully manage environmentally sensitive projects has resulted in the receipt of the following awards:
- 2014 Queensland State Finalist - CCF Earth Awards for Pierce Avenue Landfill Project (Leachate Cut-off Wall and Collection System);
- 2013 Finalist — Healthy Waterways Award for Brightwater Lake;
- 2013 International Erosion Control Association (IECA) – Environmental Excellence Merit Award for Queens Road Nudgee Stages 5-7;
- 2012 Queensland State Finalist — CCF Earth Award for Brightwater Estate;
- 2010 Queensland Winner — CCF Earth Award for Port Douglas boat harbour maintenance dredging;
- 2009 Queensland State Finalist — CCF Earth Award for Brightwater Estate rare species translocation; and
- 2005 National Winner — Civil Contractors Federation (CCF) Earth Award for acid sulphate soils management at Pelican Waters.
Henzell Group Project Manager, Pelican Waters Development | Phil Tyrer