Following a competitive tender process, Bundaberg Regional Council awarded the first construction stage of the Rubyanna Waste Water Treatment (WWTP) Inlet and Outfall Sewer Main Project to Hall Contracting.
Works commenced on site on the 12th January 2015 with both pipelines being constructed in tandem to meet the programmed completion date of the 30th June 2015. The scope included:
• 5.4 kilometres of 600 mm diameter sewer pressure pipeline;
• 2.7 kilometres of 1200 mm diameter sewer outlet pipeline;
• 5.4 kilometres of 63mm diameter communication conduit;
• 1.04 kilometres of 150mm diameter sewer pressure main and water main;
• Two major cane railway crossings and three crossings of active waterways;
Glass Reinforced Polyester pipe (GRP pipe) was sourced from Adelaide for the project.